dotTrace Performance lets you create filters to gray out or fold sets of functions in views.
- On the menu bar, choose View | Options. The Options dialog box opens.
- Select the Filters node in the left tab.
- In the Filters tab, click Add to add a new module. The Add Module dialog box opens.
- Choose a category and define a name for a new module. Click OK.
- The new module appears as a child in the module tree.
- Click OK to save your changes.
If the check box near a node in the module tree is selected, the corresponding filter is active.
Otherwise it's not active and doesn't perform any filtering.
If while working with a view you face classes of functions that you don't want to be shown, you can also create a new filter for them from any view.
- Select a function.
Do one of the following:
- On the menu bar, choose Edit | Filter functions from 'assembly name'.
- Right-click the selected function, and choose Filter functions from 'assembly name' in the context menu.
A new filter is added as a subnode of the User-defined Group node.