- On the menu bar, choose Find | Go To Next Instance or Find | Go To Previous Instance
- Press F3 or Shift+F3.
- On the menu bar, choose Find | Go To Next Non-recursive Instance.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F3.
If there are several calls of the current function, then the navigation bar appears:
So you can navigate between function calls using toolbar buttons:
- Click to navigate to the next function call.
- Click to navigate to the previous function call.
- Click to navigate to the next non-recursive call.
You can navigate to your own function calls (as opposed to library function calls) and important calls in the Thread Tree, Call Tree and Hot Spots views.
- On the menu bar, choose View | Navigate | Next My Code Call or View | Navigate | Previous My Code Call.
- Press Ctrl+Right or Ctrl+Left.
- On the menu bar, choose View | Navigate | Next Important Call or View | Navigate | Previous Important Call.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Right or Ctrl+Shift+Left.
dotTrace Performance lets you skip call sequences which take insignificant amount of time. The rest of the nodes are much more likely to be worth your attention, so they are marked as "important" and highlighted with the icon. It means that the function doesn't just call other functions but does some work on its own.
As it is easy to get lost during call stack investigation, dotTrace Performance provides an opportunity to return to the root of the current call stack and navigate between siblings. So it helps you keep in mind the structure of the call stack and return to the beginning at any time with one action.
- On the menu bar, choose View | Navigate | Next Sibling or View | Navigate | Previous Sibling.
- Press Ctrl+Down or Ctrl+Up.