dotTrace Performance integrates with Typemock Isolator, so you can not only test your code, but also investigate performance problems.
Before starting, make sure that appropriate versions of tools are installed:
- JetBrains dotTrace Performance 4.5.1 or higher
- Typemock Isolator 6.2.5
- Launch Typemock.Configuration.exe. The Typemock Isolator Configuration dialog box opens.
- Select the Show only available profilers check box to narrow down the list of profiling and coverage tools.
- Find and click the appropriate version of dotTrace Performance.
- Click Link with Typemock Isolator and close the dialog.
Now, you can start profiling.
WarningIn case all buttons are disabled, make sure they are enabled when the integration is turned off. If so, this indicates a problem with the transparent integration.
Transparent Integration Concepts
Transparent integration mechanism allows running any 3rd party core before dotTrace profiler core. The 3rd party core is responsible for loading and configuring dotTrace profiler core. It is guaranteed that dotTrace profiler core is deployed and registered before profiling.
To be sure that dotTrace Performance and 3rd party utility work correctly together, make some additional checks.
At least one of the following registry keys should exist:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JetBrains\Profiler\TransparentIntegration (32-bit or 64-bit)
And should contain one or more values:
- SamplingPerformanceProfiler = <3rd party CLSID>
- TracingPerformanceProfiler = <3rd party CLSID>
- TracingInjectPerformanceProfiler = <3rd party CLSID>
One of these locations should contain JETBRAINS_PROFILER_CORE_GUID, so that the 3rd party core could load the dotTrace Performance profiler core.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JetBrains\Profiler\Pid_XXX, where XXX is a decimal process id
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JetBrains\Profiler\Pid_XXX, where XXX is a decimal process id
- Environment variables