PyCharm provides CoffeeScript support.
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side.
CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
In this section:
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
To prepare for CoffeeScript development, follow these steps
Make sure the CoffeeScript and Node.js plugins are installed and enabled.
These plugins are not bundled with PyCharm, but they are available from the PyCharm plugin repository. Once enabled, the plugins are available at the IDE level, that is, you can use them in all your PyCharm projects. See Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins for details.
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in PyCharm:
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: