In this section:
- Open the Debugger. Data Views page: choose and in the Settings dialog box that opens, click Debugger under Build, Execution, Deployment.
- On the Debugger. Data Views page that opens, specify the following:
Use the Built-in server port spin-box to
specify the number of the port where the built-in web server runs. The port number should be set to 1024 or higher.
By default this port is set to the default PyCharm port through which PyCharm accepts connections from services (
63342). During a debugging session, the Chrome extension will listen to this port. If for some reason the default PyCharm port is already busy, PyCharm finds the closest available port and starts on it. This results in a conflict: PyCharm is running on a "new" port while the Chrome extension still listens to the port of a previously started product and fails to establish connection with PyCharm. The conflict reveals when you initiate a debugging session from PyCharm: the extension fails to connect through the default port, PyCharm waits for connection from the extension and displays the following message with the port number where it is actually running:
To fix the problem, specify the actual port in the Chrome extension options, see Using JetBrains Chrome Extension.
- In the Value tooltip delay (ms) field , specify the time period between pointing at an object and displaying the object's value in a tooltip.
- Whether to display DOM properties in a tab or not.
- Whether to display function values in a tab or not. If you want the function values to be shown only for user-defined functions, select the Show only user-defined functions. (Otherwise, the function values will be shown for all function.)
- Whether you want object node properties to be shown. If so, specify the properties. Use and to manage the list of properties.
- Whether you want the debugger to skip certain scripts. If so, specify URLs for the corresponding scripts. Use and to manage the list of script URLs.
- Use the Built-in server port spin-box to specify the number of the port where the built-in web server runs. The port number should be set to 1024 or higher. By default this port is set to the default PyCharm port through which PyCharm accepts connections from services (