Creating and Running setup.py
PyCharm provides action that helps create
setup.py script. Once
setup.py is created, the corresponding action becomes disabled, but instead appears
the action that allows running tasks of this utility.
In this section:
To create setup.py for a project
- In the Project tool window, choose the project you want to package.
- On the main menu, choose Tools | Create setup.py .
- In the New Setup Script dialog box, specify package name, version and the other required information:
- Click OK when ready. PyCharm creates
setup.pyand opens it in the editor.
To run a task of the setup.py utility
- On the main menu, choose Tools | Run setup.py .
- In the Enter setup.py task name dialog box, type the letters of the task names.
Note that asterisk wildcard and initial letters of the snake_case names are honored.
As you type, the suggestion list shrinks to show the matching names only. Choose the desired task, and press Enter.