This section describes the procedures that are common for various types of applications.
For details related to debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to the Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
PyCharm provides a complete range of facilities to debug source code:
- Breakpoints in Python.
- Customizable breakpoint properties: conditions, pass count, etc.
- Frames, variables, and watches views in the debugger UI.
- Runtime evaluation of expressions.
General debugging steps
To debug an application, perform the following general steps
- Configure debugger options.
To debug CoffeeScript, TypeScript, and Dart code,
otherwise your breakpoints will not be recognised and processed correctly.
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch a debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly , examine suspended program, explore frames, and set watches .