Getting Local Working Copy of the Repository
On this page:
As soon as version control support is enabled in PyCharm, you can retrieve the data from the repository. Depending on your purpose and workflow, choose one of the following approaches:
- Check out the repository sources to a content root of an existing project. Then set up version control in the project, if it has not been done before, and put the downloaded sources under control of the VCS used.
the repository sources to a location of your choice and have PyCharm create a project around them.
This does not require any extra steps from your side. PyCharm arranges the downloaded sources in a
project itself and suggests to open it as soon as the check-out is completed.
Upon your consent, the New Project from Existing Code Wizard starts. When the project is created, set up version control in it.
- Retrieving Files from a CVS Repository
- Retrieving Files from an SVN Repository
- Cloning a Remote Git Repository
- Cloning a Remote Mercurial Repository