In this section:
- Python and/or Django consoles appear as tool windows every time you choose the corresponding command on the menu.
- An interactive console is divided into two panes: the lower pane serves for user input, the upper pane displays results and messages.
- Django console is only available for the Django applications.
- Only Python console is available in all editions of PyCharm; Django console is only available in Professional edition.
- Use up and down arrow keys to browse through the history of executed commands, and repeat the desired ones.
- PyCharm console is available for both local and remote interpreters.
- Color and font scheme of a console is configurable on the Console Colors and Console Fonts pages of the Colors and Fonts editor settings.
Context menu commands
|Copy Reference||Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C||Choose this command to put reference to the symbol at caret to the Clipboard.|
|Compare with Clipboard||Show selection in the console and contents of the Clipboard in the Differences viewer.|
|Create Gist||Choose this command to create a Git Gist.|
|Clear All||Choose this item on the context menu to delete all messages from the upper part of the console.|
|Paste||Ctrl+V||Insert the last entry of the Clipboard next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
|Paste from History||Ctrl+Shift+V||Insert selected entry of the Clipboard next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
|Paste Simple||Ctrl+Shift+V||Insert selected entry of the Clipboard as plain text, next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
Last modified: 15 May 2015