In this section:
- Python and/or Django consoles appear as tool windows every time you choose the corresponding command on the menu.
- An interactive console is divided into two panes: the lower pane serves for user input, the upper pane displays results and messages.
- Django console is only available for the Django applications.
- Only Python console is available in all editions of PyCharm; Django console is only available in Professional edition.
- Use up and down arrow keys to browse through the history of executed commands, and repeat the desired ones.
- PyCharm console is available for both local and remote interpreters.
- Color and font scheme of a console is configurable on the Console Colors and Console Fonts pages of the Colors and Fonts editor settings.
|Item||Tooltip and shortcut||Description|
|Click this button to terminate the current process and launch the new one.|
|Click this button to stop the current process.|
|Click this button to close the selected tab of the Run tool window and terminate the current process.|
|Execute Current Statement |
|Click this button to execute the command at caret, entered in the input pane of the console.|
|Use this icon or shortcut to open the corresponding help page.|
|Show variables||Click this button to show in a separate pane the variables declared in the console. Right-click on a variable in this pane reveals a context menu.|
Use this icon or shortcut to open a dialog that shows all the
statements that you have run for the corresponding data source.
See also, Executing auto-memorized statements.
|Attach Debugger||Attaches the debugger process to the console.|
|New Console||Click this button to start a new console session.|
Context menu commands
|Copy Reference||Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C||Choose this command to put reference to the symbol at caret to the Clipboard.|
|Compare with Clipboard||Show selection in the console and contents of the Clipboard in the Differences viewer.|
|Create Gist||Choose this command to create a Git Gist.|
|Clear All||Choose this item on the context menu to delete all messages from the upper part of the console.|
|Paste||Ctrl+V||Insert the last entry of the Clipboard next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
|Paste from History||Ctrl+Shift+V||Insert selected entry of the Clipboard next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
|Paste Simple||Ctrl+Shift+V||Insert selected entry of the Clipboard as plain text, next to the caret position in the lower part of the console.|
Last modified: 29 June 2015