Internationalization and Localization Support
In this section:
- Internationalization and Localization Support
- Creating Message Files
- Extracting Blocks of Text from Django Templates
- Compiling Message Files
- Navigating Between Text and Message File
I18N support with PyCharm falls into the following major aspects:
- Internationalization, which involves extracting strings out of your source code and presenting them as properties that are further referenced in the source code.
- Localization, which means translating these properties into the target languages.
PyCharm provides helpful features that simplify working on software internationalization and localization issues. These features are:
- Possibility to run i18n-related tasks of the
Syntax highlighting in
- Intention action to surround blocks of text in Django templates.
- Navigation between blocks of text and locales.
I18n support is available for the Django applications.
gettextutilities are downloaded and installed on your machine.
localedirectory is created in the project root.
- Django is the project template language.