This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
In this section:
- Creating Empty Project
- Configuring Python SDK
- Installing, Uninstalling and Upgrading Packages
- Managing Dependencies
- Resolving References
- Using Python Skeletons
- Cleaning .pyc Files
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm supports Python from version 2.4 up to the version 3.4.
PyCharm provides initial support for Python 3.5 with the backing of PEP 465.
Python support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type .
- Possibility to configure local and remote interpreters, and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python,and Python remote debug.
- Code inspections.
- Intention actions.
- Code completion and resolve.
- Testing frameworks.
- Recognizing Python documentation comments.
- Documentation generators
- Configuring Python debugger. The option Attach to subprocess automatically while debugging is available for all Python-based run/debug configurations.
- UML Class diagrams for Python classes.