This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
In this section:
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm supports Python from version 2.4 up to the version 3.5.
PyCharm provides support for Python 3.5 with the backing of the following:
- PEP-0484 — Type Hints
- PEP 0448 — Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- PEP 0492 — Coroutines with async and await syntax
- and more.
Python support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type .
- Possibility to configure local and remote interpreters, and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python,and Python remote debug.
- Code inspections.
- Intention actions.
- Code completion and resolve.
- Testing frameworks.
- Recognizing Python documentation comments.
- Documentation generators
- Configuring Python debugger. The option Attach to subprocess automatically while debugging is available for all Python-based run/debug configurations.
- UML Class diagrams for Python classes.