Checkout helps you obtain a local working copy of the repository, which you can edit as required. After making the necessary changes, you can publish results by committing, or checking in changes to the repository.
This section describes Subversion-specific checkout procedure.
- On the main menu, choose .
- On the submenu, choose .
- In the Check Out From Subversion dialog box, expand the desired repository location and select the element to be checked out.
- Click Checkout button.
This action is also available in the SVN Repositories browser. Right-click the desired directory and choose the command on the context menu.
- In the dialog that opens, specify the destination directory where the local copy of
the repository files will be created and click OK.
If you are checking out sources for an existing project, the destination folder should be below a project content root.
- In the SVN Checkout Options dialog box, specify the following settings:
- Revision to be checked out (HEAD or a selected revision).
- Whether you need to check out the nested directories.
- Whether you need to include the external locations.
- PyCharm suggests to create a project based on the sources, checked out from version control.
If you accept the suggestion, open new project, as described in the section Opening Multiple Projects.