- On the main menu, choose .
On the main menu, choose
The tool window can be accessed this way after you have opened it using the. .
Select the file in question in the Project tool window,
and then choose on the main menu.
When no default server access configuration is appointed, this menu item is disabled and its name is changed to Compare Local File with Deployed Version.
- In the Differences Viewer for Files dialog box, that opens, explore the differences and apply them, if necessary, using the and buttons.
- Configure the layout of the Items List. Use the toolbar buttons to narrow down or widen the set of items to show. For example, show or hide files that are present only locally or remotely, equal files, different files, files excluded from synchronization, etc.
- Specify the parameter for comparison. In the Compare by drop-down list, select one of the possible options (contents, size, or time stamp).
- Filter the folders' contents. To do that, type filtering string in the Filter text field, and press EnterEnter to apply it. Using the asterisk * wildcard to represent any number of characters is welcome.
- To switch to another pair of folders to compare, update the fully qualified paths to them. Click the Browse button next to the Paths read-only fields and choose the required folders in the dialog that opens.
- Explore the detected differences between files in the Differences Pane.
The contents of the remote folder are always shown in the right pane of the Items List, the contents of its local version are always shown in the left side pane.
For each pair of items, in the * field specify the action to apply. Click the icon in the field until the required action is set.
- the file will be uploaded, possibly overwriting the remote version.
- the file will be downloaded, possibly overwriting the local version.
- the files are treated identical with regard to the selected criterion of comparison. No action will be performed by default.
the files differ with regard to the selected criterion of comparison. No action will be performed by default. Explore the differences in the
Differences Pane and change the intended action by clicking the icon.
The remote files in the Difference Viewer have the status read-only. This means that you cannot update them directly in the Difference Viewer. Make all the necessary changes to the local version of the file in question and upload the updated file to the remote host.
- the file is present only locally or remotely and will be removed.
Do one of the following:
- To synchronize the currently selected item, click the Synchronize Selected button on the toolbar.
- To synchronize all the items, click the Synchronize All button on the toolbar.