- Open the Data Source Properties dialog by doing one of the following:
- Specify the name of the data source.
Specify the data source scope (level). From the Scope list, select:
- Project if the data source should be available only in the current project.
- IDE if the data source should be available in all of your projects.
On the Database tab of the Data Source Properties dialog,
use the controls under JDBC driver files to specify the JDBC driver files to be used:
- To download the necessary driver files from the Internet, or to use the driver files associated with a different data source, select the corresponding option from the list.
- If the corresponding driver files are available locally on your computer, click (Shift+EnterShift+Enter) and select the driver file location(s) in the dialog that opens.
- From the JDBC driver class list, select the necessary driver implementation class. (The list includes all the driver classes detected in the specified driver files.)
On the Database tab of the Data Source Properties dialog:
- In the Database URL field, specify the database URL.
- In the User and Password fields, specify your database access credentials.
- If, to access the database, you are going to use SSH, click Configure SSH and specify the associated settings in the Configure SSH Tunnel dialog that opens.
To make sure that the database connection settings are correct and
PyCharm can communicate with the target database, click the Test Connection button.
For PyCharm to establish the connection with the database, the corresponding database server must be up and running.
- Open the Schemas & Tables tab of the Data Source Properties dialog box.
- Do one of the following:
- If the target database supports schemas,
select the Scan for Tables check box next to the relevant schemas.
To have PyCharm resolve the names of the tables accessed through a schema so you do not need to write their fully qualified names, select the Make Default check box next to the relevant schema.
- Specify the pattern of table names to retrieve the matching tables only.
- If the target database supports schemas, select the Scan for Tables check box next to the relevant schemas.
- In the Advanced tab of the Data Source Properties dialog box, update the contents of the Value text box next to the names of the relevant connection properties.