Before you start working with Vagrant, make sure that Vagrant plugin is enabled.
The plugin is bundled with PyCharm and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin.
Besides that, make sure that the following prerequisites are met (outside of PyCharm):
- Oracle's VirtualBox is installed on your computer.
- Vagrant is installed on your computer, and all the necessary infrastructure is created.
- The parent folders of the following executable files are added to the system PATH variable:
- vagrant.bat or vagrant from your Vagrant installation. This should be done automatically by the installer.
- VBoxManage.exe or VBoxManage from your Oracle's VirtualBox installation.
- In the Python Interpreters page of the project settings, click .
- In the drop-down list, choose
The dialog box Configure Remote Python Interpreter opens:
- In this dialog box, click the button Fill from vagrant config. In this case, the remote server settings are taken from the vagrant configuration file, defined in the page Vagrant .
- The Python interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Python executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Python Interpreter dialog box. The configured remote interpreter is added to the list.