- On the main menu, choose New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens. , or click the
If no project is currently open in PyCharm,
click Create New Project on the Welcome screen.
Otherwise, select New Project from the File menu.
As a result, the New Project wizard opens.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select Java Module.
- In the right-hand part of the page, specify the project name and location.
Select the desired Java SDK from the Project SDK list.
If the list is empty or doesn't contain the SDK that you need, click New and select JDK. Then, select the installation folder of the required JDK in the dialog that opens.
- Specify other settings as necessary and click Next.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Python interpreter to be used for the project. If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click the browse button to review the available interpreters and virtual environments, and configure the new ones.
- Project type Google App Engine project.
- In the App Engine Project Settings dialog box, specify the following:
- In the Application ID, enter the identifier that you have already defined in the Create application page of the Google App Engine. The application identifier should meet certain requirements: only lower-case letters, digits, and "-" characters are allowed; the application id should not begin with "-".
- In the App Engine SDK directory field, specify the path to your App Engine installation. If the Google App Engine SDK directory is added to the path, then it is detected automatically.
- In the Templates Directory field, specify the directory where the templates will be stored, and where they will be loaded from. You can specify the name of the directory that doesn't yet exist; in this case, the directory will be created.
- If you want to make Django available for your application, select the check box Enable Django support. With this option enabled, enter the Django project name and application name. Refer to the section Creating Django Project for details.
- Click OK. PyCharm creates an application and produces specific file structure, which you can explore in the Project tool window.