In addition to the mandatory settings that ensure successful upload and download in various project - server set-ups, you can choose additional options to customize interaction with the server. Most of these options apply to all types of server access configuration. For FTP/FTPS/SFTP server configurations, you can specify additional protocol-specific options.
On this page:
- Setting common upload/download options
- Specifying additional protocol-specific customization options for FTP/SFTP/FTPS servers
- Open the project settings.
Click Options below the Deployment
node or choose on the main menu.
In the Options dialog box that opens, specify additional settings:
To have PyCharm skip specific files or entire folders during upload/download, in the Exclude items by name text box,
specify the patterns that define the names of these files and folders.
Use semicolons as delimiters. Wildcards are welcome.
The exclusion is applied recursively. This means that if a matching folder has subfolders, the contents of these subfolders are not deployed either.For more details about excluding files and folders from upload/download, see Excluding Files and Folders from Upload/Download.
- Specify details of the upload/download procedure by selecting or clearing corresponding check boxes.
- To have PyCharm skip specific files or entire folders during upload/download, in the Exclude items by name text box, specify the patterns that define the names of these files and folders. Use semicolons as delimiters. Wildcards are welcome.
Open the Deployment dialog box. Do one of the following:
- Open the project settings ( ), and then click Deployment.
- Choose on the main menu.
On the Deployment
click the Advanced Options button and specify additional uploading settings
in the Advanced Options dialog box that opens:
- To set the client to the passive mode, select the Passive mode check box. In this mode, the client on your machine connects to the server to inform about being in the passive mode, receives the port number to listen to, and established data connection through the port with the received number. This mode is helpful when your machine is behind a firewall.
- To have the hidden files and directories (those with names that start with a dot .) shown in the Server Browser Tool Window, select the Show Hidden Files check box.
To ensure compatibility in child file naming with your FTP server,
select the Compatibility mode check box. This is helpful if the remote FTP server reports the following error:
Invalid descendant file name <file name>
Selecting this option may slow down synchronization with the server.