Django is specified as the project template language.
To do that, open the Project Settings dialog, under the Project Settings select page Python Template Languages, select project where the templates reside, and then choose Django from the Template Language drop-down list.
Place breakpoints in the desired lines of the Django templates:
- Launch Django server in the Debug mode.
This is how it's done:
- On the main menu, choose .
- If the desired Django Server run/debug configuration exists, select it, otherwise create a new one, as described in the section Creating and Editing Run/Debug Configuration.
- Then click the button on the main toolbar, or press Shift+F9Shift+F9.
PyCharm will open the template in your browser, and suspend at the breakpoint you've set:
The Debugger session starts, and Debug tool window appears.
- In the Debug tool window, you can:
- If you want to trace back exceptions that are raised in course of template debugging, open Breakpoints dialog, and in the Django Exception Breakpoints tab, select the check box Suspend.
- Debugging Jinja and Mako templates is not supported.