Most of the functions available in the table view are accessed as context menu commands. The context menu opens when you right-click the table. Many of the commands have keyboard shortcuts.
- Add New Row (Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+Insert or Ctrl+NAlt+InsertCommand N or Control EnterControl N or Control EnterCommand N or Control Enter) to add a new row to the table. (The new row is added at the end of the table.)
- Delete Selected Rows (Ctrl+YCtrl+YCtrl+YCtrl+YCtrl+YCtrl+Shift+LCtrl+ECtrl+DCommand BackspaceCommand YCommand D) to delete the selected row or rows.
- Edit Value (GuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponentGuiDesigner.EditComponent) to edit a value in the current cell. The alternative way to access a value in a cell is to double-click the cell.
Copy All To Clipboard to copy the table data onto the clipboard.
Select the resulting format:
- Tab-separated Values (TSV). The values in a row will be separated with a tab character.
- Comma-separated Values (CSV). The values will be separated with a comma (,).
- HTML table. A minimal HTML document will be formed on the clipboard. The table will be represented by the <table> element, and the values will be enclosed between <td> and </td>.
SQL Insert Statements. Each row will be represented by the corresponding SQL INSERT statement, e.g.
INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (1. 1, 2. Harry, 3. father) VALUES (1, Harry, father);
INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (1. 1, 2. Harry, 3. father) VALUES (2, Chloe, mother);
- Save All To File to save the table data in a file. Select the resulting file format (the available formats are the same as in the case of the Copy All To Clipboard command). Then select the file location and specify the file name in the dialog that opens.
For the table view and associated features to be available, the Database Support plugin must be enabled. This plugin is bundled with the IDE and enabled by default.