- The way extract constant, field, and variable refactorings are performed, depends on the setting of the Enable in-place refactoring check box in the Editor page of the Settings dialog.
- Extract refactorings are performed for the various expressions and blocks of code, including strings and substrings.
Extract refactoring on substrings is supported for:
- parts of strings with no formatting
- parts of strings with concatenation via "+"
- parts of strings with "%"-style formatting
- parts of strings with "%()"-style formatting
- new-style "str.format()" formatted strings