Prior to start working, consider the following prerequisites:
- Google App Engine SDK is downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Google App Engine works with Python versions 2.5 and higher.
Google App Engine support in PyCharm
Google App Engine support in PyCharm includes:
- A dedicated project type with specific directory structure and configuration file.
- 2.0+Ability to enable and configure Google App Engine support per project.
- Ability to generate and view model dependency diagram for the Google App Engine models.
- Ability to upload applications, using the command of the menu.
- Run/debug configuration for App Engine server.
To create, deploy, and launch an application on Google App Engine, follow these general steps
- In your browser, sign in to your Google account, register an application and get the application ID at https://appengine.google.com/.
- In PyCharm, create a Google App Engine project with application id you obtained at https://appengine.google.com/. See Creating Google App Engine Project.
- Develop the desired contents.
- Upload your application.
- Visit http://<your-application-name>.appspot.com/ to view your application in action.
- If necessary, check the logs.