Prior to start working, consider the following prerequisites:
- Google App Engine SDK is downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Google App Engine works with Python versions 2.5 and higher.
Google App Engine support in PyCharm
Google App Engine support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type with specific directory structure, and configuration file.
- 2.0+ability to enable and configure Google App Engine support per project.
- ability to generate and view model dependency diagram for the Google App Engine models.
- ability to upload applications, using the command of the menu.
- Run/debug configuration for App Engine server.
Creating and launching applications under Google App Engine
- In your browser, sign in to your Google account, and in https://appengine.google.com/, get an application id.
- In PyCharm, create a Google App Engine application with the id you've obtained.
- Develop the desired contents.
- Upload your application.
- Visit http://<your-application-name>.appspot.com/ to view your application in action.
- If necessary, check the logs.