To enable smart handling of LF and CRLF line separators
- Enable smart handling of LF and CRLF line separators. After that, PyCharm will show the Line Separators Warning Dialog every time you attempt to commit a file with CRLF separators, unless you have set any related git attributes on the affected file. In the latter case, PyCharm supposes that you clearly understand what you are doing and excludes the file from analysis.
When the Line Separators Warning Dialog is displayed, do one of the following:
- To ignore the warning and commit the file with CRLF separators, click the Commit As Is button.
- To have the core.autocrlf attribute set to true or input depending on the operating system used before commit, click the Fix and Commit button. As a result, all the CRLF separators will be replaced with LF separators and committed into the repository. Note that the reverse operation will not be performed when you download the files into your working directory, that is, no CRLF will appear in place of LF.
- To stop the commit procedure, click Cancel.
- To suppress showing the dialog box in the future, select the Don's warn again check box.