In this section:
- Internationalization and Localization Support
- Creating Message Files
- Extracting Blocks of Text from Django Templates
- Compiling Message Files
- Navigating Between Text and Message File
I18N support with PyCharm falls into the following major aspects:
- Internationalization, which involves extracting strings out of your source code and presenting them as properties that are further referenced in the source code.
- Localization, which means translating these properties into the target languages.
I18N support is available for the Django applications only.
PyCharm provides helpful features that simplify working on software internationalization and localization issues. These features are:
- Possibility to run i18n-related tasks of the manage.py utility.
- Intention action to surround blocks of text in Django templates.
- Navigation between blocks of text and locales.
I18n support is available for the Django applications.
- gettext utilities are downloaded and installed on your machine.
- locale directory is created in the project root.
- Django is the project template language.
Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines: