This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
In this section:
- Creating Empty Project
- Configuring Python SDK
- Installing, Uninstalling and Upgrading Packages
- Managing Dependencies
- Resolving References
- Using Python Skeletons
- Cleaning .pyc Files
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm supports Python from version 2.4 up to the version 3.4.
Python support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type .
- Possibility to configure local and remote interpreters, and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python,and Python remote debug.
- Code inspections.
- Intention actions.
- Code completion and resolve.
- Testing frameworks.
- Recognizing Python documentation comments.
- Documentation generators
- 2.6+Configuring Python debugger. The option Attach to subprocess automatically while debugging is available for all Python-based run/debug configurations.
- 2.6+ UML Class diagrams for Python classes.