PyCharm provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the PyCharm log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
- On the main menu, choose (Windows and Linux), or (OS X). The Explorer/Finder opens, with the log file selected.
To avoid editing the log.xml file itself, PyCharm suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category. This file resides under the bin directory of PyCharm installation.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
- Choose , which redirects you to the online feedback form.
- Use the Feedback page.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the PyCharm documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
To find assistance, do one of the following:
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following addresses:
If necessary, attach the source code and the PyCharm log.
- Ask the PyCharm Community .
- Click the Comments link available on each page of online version of the PyCharm documentation. In the Comments area, leave your comments or ask questions.