- Specify the following command line arguments:
- Path to the launcher: specify the
to one of the following launchers (which reside
directory of your PyCharm installation):
- For Windows: inspect.bat
- For UNIX and Mac: inspect.sh
- Project file path is the full path to the .idea directory of the project to be inspected.
- Inspection profile path is the full path to the profile, against which the project should be inspected. The inspection profiles are stored under USER_HOME\.PyCharmXX\config\inspection
- Output path is the full path to an existing directory where the report will be stored.
Options. You can specify:
- The directory to be inspected -d <full path to the subdirectory>
- The verbosity level of output -vX, where X is 0 for quiet, 1 for noisy and 2 for extra noisy.
Please note that you have to specify full paths, relative paths are not accepted.
- Path to the launcher: specify the full path to one of the following launchers (which reside under the bin directory of your PyCharm installation):
C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\<PyCharm home>\bin\inspect.bat E:\SampleProjects\MetersToInchesConverter E:\Work\MyProject\.idea\inspectionProfiles\Project_Default.xml E:\Work\MyProject\inspection-results-dir -v2 -d E:\SampleProjects\MetersToInchesConverter\subdirectory
/Applications/PyCharm.app/bin/inspect.sh ~/IdeaProjects/MyTestProject ~/Library/Preferences/PyCharm/inspection/Default.xml ~/IdeaProjects/MyTestProject/results-dir -v2