Before you start working with Vagrant, make sure that Vagrant plugin is enabled.
The plugin is bundled with PyCharm and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin.
Besides that, make sure that the following prerequisites are met (outside of PyCharm):
- Oracle's VirtualBox is installed on your computer.
- Vagrant is installed on your computer, and all the necessary infrastructure is created.
- The following executables are added to the system path:
- vagrant.bat from your Vagrant installation. This should be done automatically by the installer.
- VBoxManage.exe from your Oracle's VirtualBox installation.
Once the Vagrant plugin is enabled, the following changes are made to the PyCharm UI:
- Vagrant page is added to the Settings dialog.
- Vagrant node is added to the menu, and contains the following commands,
which correspond to the standard Vagrant actions:
Vagrant support in PyCharm features: