- Open the Changes tool window (Alt+9), and then switch to the Local tab.
- Select the file in question, and then open the Change Details pane, if it is not opened. The base revision and the local version of the selected file are opened with the differences numbered and highlighted.
Examine the details of each change:
- To move to the next updated piece of code, click the Next Change button .
- To return to the previous updated code fragment, click the Previous Change button .
- To expand or narrow the context of an updated code fragment, position the cursor at the change in question, click the More/Less Lines button , and then specify the number of lines to be shown above and below the current code fragment.
- Click the Settings button on the toolbar of the pane.
On the context menu, that opens, specify how you want the pane split:
- To have the pane split horizontally, so the base revision is shown in the upper part and the locally updated version is shown in the bottom part of the pane, select the Top/Bottom option.
- To have the pane split vertically, so so the base revision is shown in the left-hand part and the locally updated version is shown in the right-hand part of the pane, select the Left/Right option.
- To have the soft wraps (or word wraps) used, select the Use soft wraps option.