UML model in PyCharm is represented by a Class diagram in standard notation.
PyCharm enables using UML class diagrams to analyze Python classes, and the structure of the databases and tables. Besides that, you can explore changes committed to VCS.
In PyCharm, Class diagram features:
- Ability to view UML model as a diagram in a separate editor tab, in a pop-up window, or as a preview.
- Ability to invoke UML class diagram from the
tool windows, the History tab of the Version Control tool window, and Navigation bar.
In the editor, one can view class diagram for the whole class.
- Navigation from a diagram element to the underlying source code.
- Navigation to class, file or symbol by name and to the last edit location.
- Viewing information at the tooltip, and quick documentation lookup.
- Viewing changed classes as a UML Class diagram.
- Quick hierarchy view in a UML Class diagram pop-up window.
- Ability to find usages of a node element or member.