C++ Support is Coming Up in ReSharper
We thought that C++ developers were seriously missing out, so we decided to get to work on C++ support in Visual Studio as part of a future version of ReSharper.
Some of the features for C++ that we've already implemented internally include the following:
- Context-insensitive navigation including Go to Type, Go to Symbol, Go to File Member and Go to Everything.
- Context-sensitive navigation including Go to Declaration, Go to Derived Symbols and Go to Base Symbols — everything that's usually available via ReSharper's Navigate To menu.
- Find Usages of C++ code symbols with preview, filtering and grouping in the list of found occurrences.
- Introduce Variable refactoring and context actions to transform macro calls.
- Thorough understanding of C++ templates to correctly resolve different template specializations and navigate between them.
If you're a C++ developer working in Visual Studio, you can subscribe to receive private ReSharper builds with C++ support! To do that, simply fill out the form below, sharing a few details about your development environment and the C++ applications that you're developing, and as soon as we have a build that we feel is stable enough for you to play with, we'll send you an e-mail with a link to the build!