You can spend less time on routine, repetitive manual work and instead focus on the task at hand. A robust set of features for automatic error-checking and code correction cuts development time and increases your efficiency. You'll find that ReSharper quickly pays back its cost in increased developer productivity and improved code quality. With ReSharper, .NET developers can truly experience what we mean when we say "Develop with pleasure!"
In this topic
ReSharper 9.1 helps you improve your productivity with the following features:
Code quality analysis
With its design-time code inspection for all supported languages, ReSharper tells you right away if your code contains errors or can be improved.
Fixes to detected code issues
Not only does ReSharper warn you when there is a problem in your code, but it also provides quick-fixes to eliminate errors and code smells automatically.
- Project dependency analysis Invaluable for large solutions, ReSharper builds project hierarchies and visualizes project dependency diagram, which you can save and compare with new solution states at various stages, all without compiling anything.
- Type dependency analysis ReSharper can quickly analyze different kinds of dependencies between types in your solution and visualize them using Hierarchical view or type dependency diagram.
Navigation and search
You can jump to any file, type, or member in your codebase in no time, or navigate from a specific symbol to its usages, base and derived symbols, or implementations.
Decompiling third-party code
Integrated decompiler lets you navigate to code in referenced assemblies; if an assembly is not referenced, you can open and browse it with the Assembly Explorer enjoying the same navigation features as those used with source code.
Code editing helpers
Multiple code editing helpers including extended IntelliSense, hundreds of instant code transformations, auto-importing namespaces, rearranging code and displaying documentation.
You don't have to write properties, overloads, implementations, and comparers by hand: use code generation actions to handle boilerplate code faster.
Safe change of your code base
Enjoy solution-wide refactorings to safely change your code base. Whether you need to revitalize legacy code or put your project structure in order, you can lean on ReSharper.
Compliance to coding standards
Code formatting, naming style assistance, and many other code style preferences which you can quickly enforce with code cleanup, allow you to get rid of unused code and ensure compliance to coding standards.
ReSharper provides a lot more features: extensible templates, regular expressions assistance, internationalization assistance, a powerful unit test runner, just to name a few. There are also language-specific features: for example, those for ASP.NET/ASP.NET MVC, XAML, TypeScript or CSS.
ReSharper extensions, which include full-fledged plug-ins, sets of templates, structural search and replace patterns, and more, are extremely easy to discover, install, and update. For more information, see ReSharper plugins web page.
Command line tools
If you like the way ReSharper inspects your code, you can run code inspection or find code duplicates in your CI server or version control system with standalone command-line tools.
The features of ReSharper 9.1 are available in the following languages (including language injections):
- C# is fully supported up to C# 6.0. For more information on configuring C# version, see ReSharper by Language | C#.
- Visual Basic .NET is supported up to VB 10.
- C++ support is available either with ReSharper C++ - a dedicated product that you can install separately or side by side with ReSharper, or with ReSharper Ultimate. C++ support includes C, C++03 and a part of C++11. ATL, MFC and COM projects are supported. For more information, see ReSharper by Language: C++.
- HTML is supported up to HTML 5.
- ASP.NET is supported up to version 4.0 and ASP.NET MVC up to version 5.0. Both the Web Site Project and the Web Application Project models are supported.
- TypeScript is supported up to version 1.5 and partly version 1.6 .
- CSS is supported up to CSS3. If necessary, you can change the target CSS version (which is used to analyze your code) in the Code Editing | CSS | Inspections options page.
- XML is supported up to version 1.1.
- XAML The latest supported Silverlight framework version is Silverlight 5. ReSharper recognizes symbols declared in XAML files and resolves references.
- MSBuild of MSBuild and NAnt are supported.
Products and Licenses
Considering the different needs of our users, we offer different products and licenses:
Provides features for all supported languages and technologies, except C++, including cross-language functionality.
If you develop solely on C++, you can start enjoying ReSharper's extensive C++ capabilities without features in other languages that are unnecessary to you.
ReSharper Ultimate license
This license allows you to use ReSharper, ReSharper C++, as well as dotTrace, dotCover, and dotMemory.
Depending on the license you provide, the set of products will be activated automatically. During the evaluation period, all installed JetBrains .NET products are available. If necessary, you can disable some of them in the Environment | Products & Features options page.