Opening and Closing Assemblies
With ReSharper, you can open any .NET assemblies, decompile and explore their contents.
Supported assembly file types include:
- Libraries (.dll)
- Executable files (.exe)
- Windows 8 metadata files (.winmd)
- Archives (.zip)
- NuGet packages (.nupkg)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Extensions packages (.vsix)
To open an assembly
- Click Open on the Assembly Explorer toolbar and then select an assembly file.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click on a referenced assembly and choose View in Assembly Explorer in the context menu.
The opened assembly showing its name and version is added to the Assembly Explorer Window. You can explore it by expanding the assembly node and its child nodes. Double-click on code symbols to decompile and view the corresponding code.
As ReSharper does not make any modifications to the opened assemblies, you can close them by removing from the Assembly Explorer Window.
To close assemblies
- Right-click on an assembly and choose Remove Item from List in the context menu.
- Select an assembly in the Assembly Explorer and press Delete.
- To close all assemblies, click Clear Assembly Explorer