Convert Indexer to Method
This refactoring helps you convert one or both accessors of an indexer into methods and update usages of the indexer in the current solution accordingly.
In the example below ReSharper converts both getter and setter accessors of the indexer and updates the usage:
|Before refactoring||After refactoring|
To convert an indexer to a method
Place the caret at
thiskeyword of an indexer in the editor or select an indexer in the File Structure window.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Right-click and choose Refactor | Convert Indexer to Method(s) on the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R and then choose Convert Indexer to Method(s)
- Use controls in the dialog box to choose which accessors should be converted and to specify names for the created methods.
- To apply the refactoring, click Next.
- If no conflicts are found, ReSharper performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.