Convert Static to Extension Method
This refactoring helps you convert a static method to an extension method, provided that the static method:
- Has at least one parameter.
- Resides in a non-generic, non-nested static class.
Consider the following example:
|Before refactoring||After refactoring|
To convert a static method to an extension method
- Place the caret at the declaration or a usage of a static method in the editor, or select the method in the File Structure window.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Right-click and choose Refactor | Convert Static Method to Extension on the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R and then choose Convert Static Method to Extension
- If no conflicts are found, ReSharper performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.