In large projects, code inspection results can be used im many different ways. For instance, to assign found issues to different developers: you can copy or export a code issue or a group of issues and submit the copy to an issue tracker.
- Open code inspection results in the Inspection Results or Errors in Solution window.
- Click Export on the toolbar to export the data currently displayed in the window in text format, or use the drop-down selector to export the data in XML or HTML format. The Export Data dialog box that appears, will help you to save the data to a file or copy it to the clipboard.
- An alternative way to export current issues to an XML report, is to choose ReSharper | Inspect | Save Issues Report in the main menu and then specify file name and location.
XML report is the most universal export format for inspection results. It is supported as the output format by the InspectCode command-line tool and JetBrains TeamCity. Regardless of the tool that was used to generate XML report, you can always open and examine it with ReSharper.
- In the main menu, choose ReSharper | Inspect | Load Saved Issues Report.
- Select an XML report file and click Open.
- The report is opened in the new tab of the Inspection Results window. If the current solution corresponds to that of the XML report, you will be able to navigate to the issues by double-clicking on the inspection result items.
Besides exporting, you can copy individual entries or custom selections of entries shown in the Inspection Results and Errors in Solution windows to the clipboard. The copied issue information include names of project and solution, file name and line number as well as the description of the issue. For example:
MyProject\About.aspx.cs:2 Using directive is not required by the code and can be safely removed