In C#, any opening parenthesis, bracket, brace or quote (altogether called "delimiters") can be highlighted with color or outline whenever you place the caret at the corresponding closing delimiter, and vice versa.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Options .
- Open the Environment | Editor page.
To enable delimiters matching, make sure to select
Highlight matching delimiters when caret is:
- at outer side to highlight matching delimiters when the caret is either to the left of an opening delimiter or to the right of a closing delimiter, or
- at both sides to let ReSharper highlight matching delimiters when the caret is at any side of a delimiter.
For Highlight with, select:
- color to highlight matching delimiters with color, or
- outline to highlight matching delimiters with outline covering the whole delimited block of code.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let ReSharper choose the settings layer, or choose a particular settings layer in the Save To drop-down list. To learn more about saving ReSharper settings, see JetBrains .NET Tools Blog: Save or Save To in ReSharper Options.
- On the main menu, choose Tools | Options.
- Expand the Environment node in the left pane.
- Select Fonts and Colors.
- In Display items, scroll down the list until you find items that begin with ReSharper.
- Configure colors or custom options for ReSharper Brace Outline and/or ReSharper Matched Brace items, depending on what highlighting method you chose in ReSharper Options.
- Click OK to save changes and close the Visual Studio Options dialog box.
Highlighting matching C# braces with color:
Highlighting matching C# braces with outline:
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see the corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.