The Options dialog box contains almost all settings that affect how ReSharper provides color and code assistance, analyses particular code structures, runs solution-wide analysis, displays results in the lists or navigates directly, completes symbols, etc.
Using this dialog box, you can:
- look through default settings and find out why ReSharper does this or that
- change the settings to improve your productivity, minimize distraction or adjust ReSharper behavior according to your coding style
- define custom settings for your solutions or create sets of settings to be used and shared within your team
The Options dialog box can be visually divided into three areas:
- left area (it's called the left pane of the Options dialog box throughout help)
- right area (it's called the right pane of the Options dialog box throughout help)
- command area
Left area (left pane)
To simplify the process of searching for a control that defines the behavior of some feature, controls are grouped logically. So there are several setting groups. Each setting group is represented as a leaf of the tree.
Right area (right pane)
This area contains controls for the chosen setting group.
Contains command buttons:
- Manage - opens the Setting Layers dialog box
- Save - saves changes in global settings
- Save To - displays all available layers, so you can choose a layer where all changes should be saved
- Close - closes the dialog box
NoteThe Options dialog box is modal, so you can't continue working with ReSharper until you close the dialog box.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Options. The Options dialog box opens.
- On the left pane of the dialog box, choose and click a setting group. All appropriate controls for the current setting group are displayed on the right pane.
- Change the settings according to your needs.
Click Save or Save To to apply changes.
ReSharper maintains several settings layers, so pay attention what layer you modify. For more information, see Managing and Sharing Options.