To define how ReSharper should highlight matching delimiters
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Options.
- Open the Environment | Editor tab.
- To enable delimiters matching, make sure to select Highlight matching brackets when caret is:
- at outer side to highlight matching delimiters when the caret is either to the left of an opening delimiter or to the right of a closing delimiter, or
- at both sides to let ReSharper highlight matching delimiters when the caret is at any side of a delimiter.
- For Highlight with, select:
- color to highlight matching delimiters with color, or
- outline to highlight matching delimiters with outline covering the whole delimited block of code.
- Click OK to close the ReSharper Options dialog box.
NoteFor samples of both color-based and outline-based highlighting, see
To choose a color to highlight matching delimiters
- On the main menu, choose Tools | Options.
- Expand the Environment node in the left pane.
- Select Fonts and Colors.
- In Display items, scroll down the list until you find items that begin with ReSharper.
- Configure colors or custom options for ReSharper Brace Outline and/or ReSharper Matched Brace items, depending on what highlighting method you chose in ReSharper Options.
- Click OK to close Visual Studio Options dialog box.