ReSharper Web Help
- An extensive feature pack for
- Project maintenance and teamwork feature pack:
- Support for Visual Studio 2010, including C# 4 and VB10.
- Code analysis enhancements:
- Other enhancements:
- Automatic completion for enum members.
- Completion for unresolved symbols in local scope.
- Native NUnit support.
- XML formatting.
- Major performance and memory usage enhancements.
- Support for VB9.
naming style settings.
- Solution-wide code inspections to discover unused non-private members.
Go to Implementation to navigate from usage of a base type or member to any of its end implementations.
Inline Field refactoring.
- Native MSTest support.
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
- ASP.NET enhancements.
- Improved performance and usability.
- Bug fixes.
- Comprehensive support for Visual Studio 2008 and C# 3.0, including LINQ, implicitly typed locals and arrays, extension methods,
automatic properties, lambda expressions, object & collection initializers, anonymous types, expression trees, and partial
- Errors, warnings and suggestions are complemented by
hints, which are by far the most non-intrusive way to recommend coding improvements.
- .NET Framework classes were
annotated with custom attributes to make ReSharper analyze your code even better than before - for instance, to let it know where
format strings should be passed or where
null values can or can not be assigned. You can also use these custom attributes to annotate your own source code, as well as library
symbols that you don't have source code for.
Code Cleanup - a powerful successor to Reformat Code. By simply running Code Cleanup, you can instantly
apply a dozen of actions, including arranging 'this' qualifiers, removing code redundancies, migrating to auto-properties, optimizing using directives,
and many more.
- All ReSharper
refactorings now support C# 3.0. New members of the refactoring family are available, including
Convert Method to Indexer,
Convert Indexer to Method,
Convert Static to Extension Method,
Convert Extension Method to Plain Static,
Convert Property to Auto Property,
Convert Anonymous to Named Type, and
Inline Method. All refactorings that are not C# 3.0-specific are now available for Visual Basic 8.
Complete Statement - a new feature that inserts necessary syntax elements (braces, semicolons etc.) and gets you to the position to start the
Code Completion. All three completion features -
Smart Completion, and
Import Symbol Completion - let you complete any symbol by entering only its uppercase characters.
Templates Explorer and
Template Editor - a redesigned set of tools to view, manage, and edit the three types of templates that ReSharper provides. From now on,
you can manage and classify your templates in a special-purpose window, and edit them right in a Visual Studio code pane.
Recent Edits - a drop-down list similar to existing Go To features that shows files and symbols that you recently modified.
- Go to
File features allow you to display destination types/symbols/files in the Find Results window.
To-do items are now discoverable in identifiers and strings.
Go to File Member, and
Go to Next/Previous Member all support XML and XAML.
- Vast improvements in
Quick Documentation, including hyperlinks to related items, back/forward navigation, "read more" links and navigating to source.
- Smoother interaction with Visual Studio ecosystem. The quality of interaction with frameworks, add-ins, version control clients
and other members of the Visual Studio ecosystem (.NET Compact Framework, BizTalk, and Silverlight included) is brought to
a new level.
- ASP.NET Speedup. ReSharper 4.0 significantly speeds up analysis and, consequently, editing of ASP.NET pages, to enable more
web developers benefit from the great toolset that ReSharper provides.
Comprehensive support for VB.NET: versatile code assistance, code completion, many important code refactorings, code generation, live templates,
- Full-fledged C# code analysis with code suggestions that go beyond just bringing your attention to errors and propose optimized
- Cross-language functionality: for mixed C# and VB.NET projects, ReSharper helps you keep all parts of code working together
smoothly and navigate around your code with ease.
editions of ReSharper for different target audiences.
To-do list: create to-do items by certain patterns and navigate between them.
Type members preview: you can now preview existing members of a selected type, either all or polymorphic only.
- Auto member reordering: define the order of members in the Options dialog box.
Find dependent and referenced code: locate dependencies and outgoing references in projects.
Go To Symbol for robust solution-wide search by name for any file member.
Disabling warnings at a specific position: configure the "Disable warning" context action and apply it where necessary.
Unit Test Explorer: unmatched flexibility in running and debugging unit tests.
- XML and XAML support. See
Supported Languages for details.