You can build and view the hierarchy for a type in the Hierarchy window. You must build at least one type hierarchy before viewing. Every time you build a new hierarchy, a new tab is added.
- Open the desired class in the editor, and place the caret on a type or member.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Inspect | Type Hierarchy, or
- Examine type hierarchy in the dedicated tab that adds to the Hierarchy window.
TipStarting from ReSharper 5, Type Hierarchy can be accessed via
- In the hierarchy tree view, select the desired node.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose Base on This.
- Select a type in the hierarchy.
- Click Show Members in the Hierarchy window toolbar, or press Alt+P. The members preview pane displays at the bottom of the Type Hierarchy window:
You can move it to the right of the window by clicking the down arrow next to the Show Members button in the toolbar and selecting Right.
You can also preview either all members of a type, or just those that are polymorphic. To switch between these two modes, use the All Instance Members and Only Polymorphic Members buttons at the top of the preview pane.