The list of template variables is displayed to the right of the Template Editor code pane:
Any particular variable may appear in a template more than once.
- Enter a variable as $variable_name$ in the text area provided by the Template Editor. ReSharper will add it to the list of variables that is displayed to the right of the Template Editor text area.
- To define the value of the variable, select it in the list of variables. In the Value column, click Choose Macro to specify a macro for handling this particular variable. If a macro is already defined, click Change Macro to switch to another macro.
- In the Choose Macro dialog box, select a macro from the list and
If the selected macro does not contain references, proceed to step 5.
- If the selected macro contains references displayed in bold (for example,
format or type), the resulting list item contains a link
highlighted in red. Click the link to specify the value in the Choose Parameter Value
dialog box. See
Choose Macrofor details.
- In the Editable Occurrence column, depending on the number of
variable occurrences within a template, do one of the following:
- If a variable appears in a template only once, select or deselect a check box in the corresponding cell.
- If a variable appears in a template more than once, click the combo box in the Editable Occurrence column, and select the sequential number of an editable occurrence in the drop-down list.
- Use Move Up and Move Down buttons to define the order that ReSharper will use to suggest input fields for editing after the template is applied.