You can quickly profile the performance of unit tests from Visual Studio via
Install dotTrace Profiler, and you will then be able to start profiling directly from the editor using the sidebar marks that ReSharper adds for test classes and individual tests. You can profile several tests or test classes separately: each one will be profiled in its own instance of dotTrace.
- Select a test class declaration or an individual test to be profiled.
- Click the corresponding side bar mark in the gutter.
- In the context menu, choose Profile with dotTrace:
- Open the Unit Test Sessions window by choosing ReSharper | Windows | Unit Test Sessions on the main menu or clicking Ctrl+Alt+R. If you haven't yet arranged a testing session, see
Running and Debugging Unit Testsfor guidelines.
- Select a node in the tree view of the Unit Test Sessions window, and click Profile Selected Tests in the toolbar.