Solution-wide analysis is disabled by default and should be explicitly turned on for every new solution you open.
Initial analysis may take some time to complete while you continue your work, but after it is done, only files that can potentially be affected by recent changes are reanalyzed.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Options.
- Select Code Inspection | Settings.
- In the Code Inspections: Settings page of ReSharper Options, make sure that the Enable code analysis check-box is selected, and click Analyze errors in whole solution.
- If you turn on solution-wide analysis, the Solution-Wide Analysis pop-up warning displays, click OK to continue.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let ReSharper choose the settings layer, or choose a particular settings layer in the Save To drop-down list. To learn more about saving ReSharper settings, see JetBrains .NET Tools Blog: Save or Save To in ReSharper Options.
Alternatively, you can right-click the circle indicator in the right corner of the status bar and choose Analyze errors in solution in the context menu. If the solution-wide analysis is off, just double-click the gray circle.
In large solutions, solution-wide analysis may result in some performance degradation. However, there are several ways to improve the performance of solution-wide analysis. For more information, see Configuring Solution-Wide Analysis.
After you have switched on the solution-wide analysis, several changes are made:
The circle indicator in the right corner of the status bar displays the progress of solution-wide
After it is complete, the indicator turns either green (if no solution-wide errors were
red (if errors were discovered):
- A small area to the left of the circle indicator is allocated to show the number of solution files that contain errors, if any. Left-click in this area to go to next error in the solution.
Solution-wide code inspections for non-private members become available.
TipYou can view the list of ReSharper code inspections by choosing ReSharper | Options | Code Inspection | Inspection Severity.
- Names of the navigation commands in the menu are changed. Specifically, Next Error changes to Next Error in Solution and Previous Error becomes Previous Error in Solution.