All templates that you can find in the Templates Explorer can be edited according to your needs and development practices. You can change shortcuts for live templates, change template scope, introduce or modify template variables, adjust template parameters.
The Layer drop-down list in the Templates Explorer window defines the applicability and storage of templates. Make sure that you apply you changes in the desired settings layer. Most of the time, the default layer Smart will fit. For more information, see Managing and Sharing Options.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Templates Explorer or press Alt+R+P.
- In the Templates Explorer window that appears, click one of three tabs depending on what type of template you want to modify.
- Optionally, if you want to display templates from a particular settings layer, choose a layer in the Layer drop-down list.
- In the Scopes section, click the scope that corresponds to the desired template. You can also use categories to locate the desired template.
- In the Templates in scope section, find the desired template and click Edit on the toolbar, or double-click the template.
- When the template opens in the Template Editor, modify it as described in the Creating a Template section.