ReSharper does not reformat plain comments like:
// A plain single-line comment
/* A plain multi-line comment */
- Choose ReSharper | Options in the main menu.
- In the ReSharper | Options | Code Editing | XML Doc Comments | Formatting Style, configure formatting settings so that they comply with your coding practices/standards.
- Open the Code Cleanup options: ReSharper | Options | Code Editing | Code Cleanup.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let ReSharper choose the settings layer, or choose a particular settings layer in the Save To drop-down list. To learn more about saving ReSharper settings, see JetBrains .NET Tools Blog: Save or Save To in ReSharper Options.
- Choose ReSharper | Tools | Cleanup Code in the menu to open the Code Cleanup dialog box for the current file or for a solution node (see Running Code Cleanup for details), and then select the newly created profile in the Available Profiles area.
- Click Run to perform Code Cleanup. ReSharper will reformat XML doc comments in your selection, file, directory, project, or solution (depending on how you chose to run Code Cleanup) and according to your settings.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see the corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.