Creating and Saving Temporary Run/Debug Configurations
Sometimes you might need to run or debug a script, a Rake task, or a test , without creating a dedicated run configuration. In this case, RubyMine provides a temporary run configuration.
Temporary run/debug configuration is added to the list of available configurations and works same way as the permanent run/debug configurations. You can change its settings using the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box and optionally save it as permanent.
To create a temporary run configuration
- Select the desired script in the Project tool window or open it in the editor.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose
RubyMine creates a temporary configuration, which appears in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list on the main toolbar when the run or debug session is over.
or . Alternatively, press Ctrl+Shift+F10.
To save a temporary configuration, do one of the following
- In the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list on the main toolbar, choose .
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click the button.
- On the context menu of the editor or Project view, choose .