Creating Gem Application Project
Gem Application projects are intended for developing, building and pushing Ruby gems to github.
To create a gem application project
- On the main menu, choose File | New Project , or click New Project in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the project name and location. In the Project type drop-down list, select Gem application.
- Click OK.
- In the Gem Application Settings dialog box that opens, do the following:
- Select Ruby interpreter, or accept the suggested one.
- Observe the suggested Bundler version.
- Select the check boxes Create bin folder and Create test folder, if required. If these check boxes are selected, then RubyMine will create the corresponding directories, besides the directory lib.
Last modified: 4 February 2015