In this section:
- Enabling Cucumber Support in Project
- Enabling Test Runner UI for Cucumber Features
- Creating .Feature Files
- Creating Step Definition
- Navigating from .Feature File to Step Definition
- Creating Examples Table in Scenario Outline
Cucumber becomes available in RubyMine, provided that the following prerequisites are met:
cucumbergem (for Ruby projects), or
cucumber-rails(for Rails applications) is installed and activated.
RubyMine supports Cucumber both in plain Ruby projects, and in Rails applications.
Cucumber feature files are marked with icon.
Cucumber support includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting.
- Quick fix to create step definitions.
- Navigation between step definitions and steps.
- Possibility to describe steps in English or any other language specified in the
- Run/debug configuration.
- Possibility to run all features in a directory, a feature, or a single step within a feature.