Duplicates Tool Window
The Duplicates tool window displays results of the search for duplicates.
In this section:
Panes of the Duplicates tool window
The window consists of the following panes:
- The left pane displays the tree view of the duplicate fragments of source code.
Each node shows the following information:
- The number of duplicated code fragments found in scope.
- The 'cost' of the duplicate (which is an arbitrary unit calculated using an additive algorithm on the base of the code block size; generally, the larger is the code fragment, the higher is its cost).
- The containing class where the duplicates are located.
- The right pane shows the differences between the duplicated fragments of source code, selected in the left pane.
|Rerun||Click this button to rerun the duplicates analysis in the active tab.|
Close Active Tab
|Click this button to close the active tab.|
|Autoscroll to Source||If the button is pressed, selecting an entry in the left pane opens the respective file in the editor.|
|F1||Click this button to show reference.|
|F7 / Shift+F7||Move to the nxt/previous difference|
|Whitespace||Use this drop-down list to define how the differences viewer should treat white spaces in the text.
|Highlighting mode||Select the way differences granularity is highlighted.
Possible options are:
|Jump to Source
|Click this button to open the file in the active pane in the editor. The caret will be placed in the same position as in the Duplicates tool window.|
|Synchronize scrolling||Click this button to simultaneously scroll both differences panes; if this button is released, each of the panes can be scrolled independently.|
|Editor settings||Click this button to reveal the drop-down list of available check commands. Select or clear these check commands to show or hide line numbers, indentation guides, white spaces, and soft wraps.|
Context menu commands
|Jump to Source||F4||Open in the editor the file that contains the selected duplicate, and place the caret at the beginning of the duplicate. The fragment of code is highlighted.|
|Show Source||Ctrl+Enter||Open in the editor the file that contains the selected duplicate, and highlight the fragment of code.|
|Send to left/Send to right||Use these commands, or the arrow icons , to place the selected duplicate to the left or right pane of the differences viewer.|
Last modified: 17 April 2015