The Extract Superclass refactoring enables extracting certain methods of a class into a superclass.
To extract a superclass
- Select the desired class in one of the views, or just open it in the editor.
- On the on the main menu or on the context menu, choose .
dialog box that appears, specify the following information:
- Name of the new superclass.
- Target directory where it will be stored.
- Methods to be included in the superclass.
- Proceed with the refactoring.
Last modified: 10 December 2015